Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Just the way it is...

Okay well where do I begin.....
I had to take a few days to consolidate (yes again!!) all the 3 foot high paperwork piles, the 2 billion hard drive folders and the 4,287 bookmark links....

Okay may be I'm exaggerating just a tad !!
But it felt like it!!

I also felt I needed to think some more about what I'm doing, why I am doing it and where I'm heading with it all.... you know those questions that seem so simple...!!!
I even thought I knew the answers, but sometimes if faith and belief in ourselves gets a little shaken up, it allows doubt to creep in and undermine our confidence in self....

And maybe some of those answers that I previously thought were right, were applicable ...maybe I just wasn't clear or concise enough....
"You've got to walk your talk"...can't even remember how long ago I first heard that or who said it.....however I know it's about authenticity, being true to your self and believing in your values and principles.

For me, Art and Creativity has always been a huge part of my life, as a child, teenager, young adult and was something that even when 'Life' was consumed by the daily realities of marriage, children and duties.... it was something that was always there for me to retreat into. It was my haven, my sacred safe place to be.

When as a mature age student I returned to study Visual arts, it was my second attempt and over 25 years later.  I felt I had 'come home'. Finally found again the peace and the passion that had fought to stay alive within me all that time. I 'lived and breathed it' 20 hours a day, 7 days a week....... immersing myself and filling my soul.

Then after life took a dramatic turn and I had to immerse myself into a different reality yet again, my art and creativity, lay there waiting patiently, dormant and still within me, knowing that the time would come when 'we' would be free again. That belief never wavered.

And some years passed, a reality of business and management took over, until once again, 'life' took a dramatic turn and I was 'forced' to stop and re-examine my self.

And then gradually, almost silently, without planning or effort, art and creativity once more became my 'sanctuary' my safe haven away from the biting and harsh reality of life.

When I am drawing or painting or building pottery...I am at peace, time and place cease to exist and there becomes only the exquisite joy in creating.

And so it is....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails