Monday, July 19, 2010

The Great news....

Well after suffering 'withdrawal' symptoms with no internet, (see previous post), I decided that this was the perfect time to access and utilise my 'mode of operation'.

Which is:
To Work obsessively for X amount of time.
And then the urgent need to stop, assess and organise what I have 'collected' in that time by:
. applying some structure
. actually fully reading and take further notes or action (such as 'delete' !!)
. collate and process the information
. action what I need too
. file away appropriately
. finish with a disc clean up and defragment hard drive

So that is precisely what I did;  diving into both my 'paperwork/note piles' and 'My Documents'; reading vast amounts of PDF files and all the other files I'd saved to 'read later'...you know how it goes, no matter how many times I do it, one week later there's just as much to read and sort through!!!

And once again I realised how much time I spend on learning and researching; there is no doubt about it any longer, I am addicted and obsessed with this!

However another wonderful thing happened too, as I also joyfully, began new works in painting and drawing.
Being without the internet started off being a terrible 'punishment' and ended up being a wonderful 'reward'

Really it was a good little lesson to learn about the need to find the right balance in my life!!

(And I am soooo glad we now have internet again!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails