Sunday, August 29, 2010

Time and planning Systems...

I'm one of those people who needs 'Structure with Flexibility' in my life . . . .

My life, (like so many others), seems to be crammed to the maximum, with all that I need to, have to, must do, and that loathsome 'should' do!

 I often feel like a dog chasing its own tail . . . . running from task to task . . . oh yes I can say I am 'multi-tasking', however it often feels more like brain overload and 'brain drain' . . .  despite my repeated attempts 'to write it out, to let it out, and to de-clutter the mind' !!
I know that when I get to that point it really is time to STOP and slow down.

It also clearly tells me that my time management and action planning needs some improvement!!

The hardest part is to actually stop trying to complete the 4,218 tasks (well that's what it seems like!!) I'm engrossed in and take a deep breath . . . 

And, shaking my head, I know the theories about prioritising, completing one task before starting another, etc etc. . . . but when I'm in that learning, research, doing mode . . . the obsession takes over!!
Photo courtesy of picaland

So here I am, having taken a deep breath and plunging into sorting out the 452 pages of written notes (okay so another slight exaggeration!!) into their appropriate folders for filing when they have been properly assimilated, worked through or on.

Have I ever mentioned I LOVE paper, I love writing on paper, I love writing out snippets of info and writing lists and note taking etc.. etc..  I love it!!

I think I have an OCD.

Photo courtesy of Peter Skadberg

I love paper and writing lists . . . there I've admitted it . . . . yes there are all these online notes, and folders/files/documents I could use . . .   ah but the smell, the feel of paper with its crisp blank pages waiting . . . waiting for that first touch of pen or ink or graphite . . . aarh ~ the sweet pleasure !!!
Except for the filing of the then huge paperwork piles.

I'm working on creating a system/s that will be appropriate for all these different elements of my life. Terrified if I file it away I may forget the information and value that is contained within those pages . . .  pathetic isn't it !!!!

Oh well 'shit happens' ~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails