Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Weaving of the Web Series ...

Oh my what a surprise ... more of the weaving journey and visual expression!!
The series continues and I have to admit; I have loved doing these. Hours upon hours of intricate lines and mark making, connecting, inter-weaving, layering. I have loved every minute of it.

Some may say it is 'overworked' ( a common failing of mine), however these pen and ink drawings represent my internal thoughts and feelings process more than anything else!!

It has taken a very long time for me to accept the fact that there are two sides to my personality, the one that dislikes restriction & confinement who needs flexibility and freedom in my life. And then the other side which likes and needs structure, organisation and process. 'We' are often at war and in conflict with each other.

And the ongoing search for balance within my self and my life is so hard to achieve at times. Inner peace and harmony often evades me. The truth is, the only time I ever feel in 'that space' is when I am drawing, painting or creating.

Then and only then, does time and place cease to exist, there is only the present, the inner sense of being authentic and true to my self.

And so it is ....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails